• 17+ years experience in creative, independent event and project production, curation and management
• Facilitating and steering large teams in complex and creative environments
• Excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving abilities
• Facilitating international cultural exchange
• Systems thinking and collaborative governance
• Experience with live / studio sound systems, staging, backline, audio equipment, hardware and software
• Grant writing, proposal development, sponsorship and fundraising
• Social media and public relations, public presentations, press and copy writing
• Website development and content management
• Experience with DAW, WordPress, Woocommerce, CMS, HTML, Adobe Suites, Microsoft Office
• Sourcing and development of music / multi media content for packaging and delivery through a diverse range of internet platforms
April 2015 - current
Project & Operations Manager, Talent Buyer /
Installation & Construction Phase
• Oversee full time and contributing artists to ensure timely install within the perimeters of building code, allocated budgets, safety requirements and available resources.
• Coordinate timeline for pre-fabrication and installation.
• Facilitate Interdepartmental communication.
• Ensure artist have needed materials and track expenses. Submit budget reports to managing directors.
• Volunteer coordination, scheduling and placement
• Assist COO through out various complex scenarios to ensure completion and opening.
• Produce special events for the public.
• HR, payroll and accounts payable.
• Responsible for setting & maintaining the operational staff schedule, calling & running staff meetings, processing of payroll, and managing the operations budget.
• HR, onboarding and training of operational staff
• Talent Buyer for live performance venue, working with the Events team to create a cohesive ongoing program, manage events & programming budget.
June 2016 - Present
ICAS Network Board Member
December 2003 – May 2015
Creative & Managing Director, Founder / Communikey
• Produce a wide range of events from concept to completion
• Responsibilities include all production functions including event concept, budget development and reconciliation, pre-production, on-site management and post-event production
• Manage artist, venue, media, and agency relations
• Develop & manage content for website & social media
• Source, capture, process & deliver high quality media from live events
• Cultivating a happy, resilient, and inspired team of 80 volunteers
• Grant writing, research, and sponsorship development - raised over 50K
• Strategic partnerships with local and international industry partners and innovative institutions
• Work with team of 80 volunteers to oversee the coordination of all aspects of event management including pre-production, contract negotiation, transportation arrangement, hotel attrition/cancelation negotiations, artist management, technical requirements, and on-site management
October 2014 – May 2015
Event Coordinator / The Studio (Boulder)
• Oversee the coordination of all aspects of event management including pre-production, contract negotiation, technical requirements and on-site management. Work with a diverse range of clients to assist and provide with various needs across a spectrum of events, from weddings to art openings to parties for all occasions.
October 2009 – June 2015
Entertainment Visa Consultant
Artist-oriented visa service designed to help performing artists to navigate the US visa system.
• Process information provided by artists and their management
• Prepare the necessary forms and supporting documentation
• Obtain the necessary union consultations
• Submit materials to USCIS
• Ensure that the petition is received and processed
November 2009 – September 2010
Live Programming Director / Biennial of the Americas – Denver
Curated and coordinated The Nature of Things Live Performance Series and KidsPatch Creativity Lab.
• Designed and produced 11 live multi media events featuring over 40 diverse internationally renowned artists
• Designed and produced 10 participatory children’s workshops featuring 12 guest artists, with an on going creative lab open 7 days a week
• Managed all artists and participants involved in the series
• Coordinated scheduling, contracts, logistics, production & marketing efforts
June 2009 – April 2012
Co-Director / Vice Verse
Collaborative cultural exchange project between Communikey (Boulder, USA) and Dis-Patch (Belgrade, Serbia). Featuring musical performances, video art, installation art, professional and children's workshops, the Vice Verse project seeks to synthesize and share a collective experience between disparate cultures.
September, annually – 2006 - 2014
Operations Director & Guest Services / Decibel Festival – Seattle
• Manage all aspects of ticketing and customer service experience for 30,000 attendees.
May, annually – 2008 - 2015
Meeting Coordinator / International Cities of Advanced Sound (ICAS Network)
• Organize annual gatherings for network of 40 independent festival directors.
Project Based, 2010 – 2012
Program Manager / KidsPatch Children’s Contemporary Art Festival
• Organize a series of activities, prevalently in the fields of contemporary music, graphic art, performance and new media for children ages 7 – 12.
September 2008 – April 2009
Music Program Developer / Warehouse21 Teen Art Center - Santa Fe
January 2009 – June 2010
Operations Director & Children’s Programming / Unsound Festival – NYC
July 2010 – July 2011
Assistant Talent Buyer / Z2 Entertainment - Boulder
May 2012 – November 2012
Transportation Director / VIA Festival – Pittsburgh
Morna International College, 1996-1998, Ibiza, Spain